Wednesday, April 14, 2010

No Chuck this week :( ....But GLEE IS BACK!!!

Glee is back and I still haven't had any internal rivalry between my two favorite shows on air (I think Chuck would win!)  So sad that Chuck wasn't on this week, but the Big Bang Theory was back this week with some very sad development between Leonard and Penny, but other than that, it was great fun!  Monday night also showcased the heartbreaking season finale of Life UneXpected.  That show is leaps and bounds better than I expected!  People who know me know that I seldom cry in a movie, but I'm ALWAYS crying with TV, and I cried when Cate kissed Ryan after locking eyes with Baze who was trying to proclaim his love and stop the wedding....sooooo sad!!!!!
 
Well, yes, Glee is back for the final nine!  Personally, I found last night's episode to be kind of a let down.  The music was great as well as the comedy and the introduction of  Johnathan Groff and Idina Menzel's characters, but I felt like the whole thing was a little choppy.  In the "previously" section it just went straight into saying that Rachel thought she and Finn were dating and that he felt kinda weird about it....WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!  I think it's unfortunate that they pretty much completely glossed over that.  I did, however, end up liking Jesse Saint James a lot more than I thought I would...and now part of me is thinking that this whole Rachel/Finn on and off drama is feeling a little like Jim and Pam in the first seasons of the Office...but they move a lit faster (thank goodness!)  One more thing I just loved: Terry!!!!  She rocked!  She didn't seem quite so crazy, in fact I personally thought she made Will look a little crazier than we've seen him...she's what kept him sane!
As for the music...I love the Doors (absolutely love "Hello, I Love You" and Finn was AWESOME in it!!!) and the Beatles (so glad they didn't end up doing "Come Together"...only the Beatles can do that song, not Michael Jackson or Aerosmith! And the way Rachel pulled away from Finn and ran off stage at the end...she still likes him!!!  YES!!!!) and I think their Classic Rock songs are the best (especially when Mr. Finn is singing....mmmmm :)  wonderful!)  I hope that sometime in the near future they'll do some STYX, Foreigner, and something by the Cars.  Yeah, the main reason I watch the show: the music, most definitely!
So yeah, the choppiness is what I didn't like (and it's why, right now, Chuck is winning in the competition for my affections...cuz we all know that that's a REALLY important, cut throat competition...kidding!)  But that's all...excited for next week's episode and for when Chuck comes back again...I can't wait to compare the two on back to back nights!

~Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment