Monday, April 5, 2010

General Conference


My cousin Camilla and I at the October 2009 General Conference
(We saw David Archuleta backstage before this session...he wouldn't let us get a picture or anything...too bad)


Me and my friends, Shantel and Makenzie, at the April 2009 General Conference

So I've watched a lot of TV this weekend.  Now that's not a novel idea for me, but this weekend was special.  My church had it's General Conference this weekend.  This conference is where all of the members tune in to listen to the voice of our prophet and apostles and other leaders.  They give us council and specify their talks to focus on what they believe would be most beneficial for us to hear now.  There are six sessions, one the Saturday before the main five that is geared toward the women ages 12-18 or 18+ depending on what time of year, two main sessions on the next Saturday, one Saturday night for the priesthood of the church, and two on Sunday.  They're each two hours long and have amazing talks and music every time.  I absolutely LOVE General Conference.
Henry B. Eyring, President Tomas S. Monson, and Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Our prophet and his two counselors

Right now (as I'm waiting for my next class) I'm re-listening to some of the talks that I didn't pay very close attention to and listening to some from the Priesthood Session that I've not heard.  The one right now is actually by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf on patience (which is something I REALLY need to work on).


My friend, Shuey, and I at the October 2009 General Conference

My amazing cousin, Rachel, and I at the October 2009 General Conference


So, like I say with all the shows I like, if you haven't seen General Conference, try it out.  It might seem a little boring because it's a conference with a bunch of old guys giving talks, but if you listen there is some great stuff to learn and there's always great advice, so really, try it out!

~Manda

P.S. If you haven't seen it and want to, or have seen it and want to re-watch, it's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment