Saturday, January 30, 2010

And with that....it's over!


I was happy with the series finale with Dollhouse.  I'm glad I was too, because I had to suffer through an excruciatingly long feeling shift at work with an extremely attractive guy flirting with me while talking about his fiancée...yeah, fun stuff!

It's too bad that we couldn't see more detail.  I was sad that Paul died (even though I didn't always like him), it was weird to see an almost sane Alpha (but so totally cool when he started beating up the bad guys), I felt soooo bad for Echo being all alone (thanks for the package Alpha!), and the whole lesbian-y Felicia Day...yeah, not gonna lie, I'm a little homophobic, so that was weird (says the girl who has seen every episode of BtVS far too many times).

I think they did an absolutely INCREDIBLE job with Topher.  He's my favorite character.  He changed and grew the most over the course of the show, he developed a sense of morality, we saw him fall adorably in love, and he was just so freaking cute!!!  I was so happy when he said "bed time!"  K, that was awesome!!!  And when he was watching the video of Bennett...yeah, I got one of those giddy, girly grins.  And they did a great job at making him crazy and malnourished looking...you could totally imagine him having to watch someone be killed everyday on top of the already crazy, brokenness he was after Bennett was killed and his tech went crazy and destroyed most of the world.  And then it was him, Topher, the originally least moral guy ever, who saved the world (loved his reaction to the remembrance wall).

Yeah...I'm gonna miss the Dollhouse!

~Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment