Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Getting Closer"...starting to see the end!

Ok, so last night's Dollhouse was pretty cool! It's sad that the series is ending, but I have to admit that I'm way excited to see how it does! Here are a few things I liked about last night's episode:

Yup, this is Topher when he was crazy in Epitaph One

Topher and Bennett: Has there ever been a cuter couple in the history of television? I just absolutely LOVE the two of them and the way they are together! I got so excited when he kissed her (I actually smiled really big and then had a coughing fit due to the seriously annoying illness plaguing me...yuck!) They were just so sweet. It made me really want to be a crazy genius person just so I could be like one of them...so cute. And then, typical Joss, you fall in love with a situation/character and he rips it away fairly gruesomely and doesn't give you enough time to actually process what the heck just happened! Why Joss, why?! At least with Buffy the only people you killed were Buffy (who came back) and Tara (who no one really liked anyway)..and then of course *sob* Anya...that was sudden and painful. And then he had to go and kill Book and Wash in Serenity...oh Joss, the pain you put your viewers through (I mean, really, couldn't you have killed off Kennedy and Dawn at some point? Seriously, man...seriously!!!) So yeah, if you haven't seen it yet, he killed adorable, nerdy, geeky, slightly evil (but way too cute and the love interest of the one and only lovable Topher) Bennett. Yeah...the man sure loves torturing his viewers! And with this we begin to get a glimpse into why and how Topher goes crazy. If I smiled when they kissed I almost cried when she died! Topher was so happy! So sad!


Echo and Paul: So we found out what they got rid of in Paul's mind: His feelings for Echo. This made me way sad. He still likes Mellie, but now he and Echo...nothing?! So he kills Bennett after making us like her and then he takes the feelings from Paul's last three months and erases them? It feels like in Angel season 1 when he sent Buffy to LA and Angel becomes mortal and he and Buffy get all lovey-dovey but then things end up bad so he goes to the oracles and gets the day rewound and erased for everyone but himself...yeah, it's kinda like that. Frustrating! Poor Echo!


Finally, Boyd?!?!?!?! (and Claire/Whiskey): Ok, honestly...Joss Whedon can be rather frustrating! His shows are good (when he has control...and I know, I know, the fact that I say that means I'm a delusional, brain-washed Whendon fanatic...oh well) and all, but all the plot twists and stuff are surprisingly frustrating! I love Boyd!!! But it was already weird enough to find out he'd been hiding Claire/Whiskey and macking on her and stuff and then we find out he's the co-founder of Rossum?!?!?!?! Frustrating!! Mostly cuz I have to wait till next Friday and then the next to see how it all pans out! GAH!!! I don't think Boyd is bad even though he pretty much had Claire/Whiskey kill off a potentially favorite character of mine and make another favorite character start on the road to crazy town. I still don't think he's the evil, big bad! Call me naive and say I have the inability to understand all you want, but seriously, I don't think Boyd is evil...I may be proven wrong, but I doubt it! (k, he's probably a little evil...I just really like the guy!!!) And anyway...the whole him coming from law enforcement and having this dark past and stuff but then suddenly knowing what's best for everyone sure makes a lot more sense...I kind of like how no one really knows who he is...it's pretty cool!


So yeah, I know a lot of people really don't like the show and a lot of people really don't like Eliza Dushku and her acting and the fact that she's the lead, but I love it! I'm excited for the ending and excited for what Joss is going to be doing next!


On an unrelated note, be sure to watch Chuck. Tomorrow there's a two hour special and another episode is airing on Monday! Woohoo! Watch Chuck, love Chuck, and hope that it'll become a megahit and get a season 4!!!

~Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment