Friday, February 5, 2010

An intense Buffy kick!!!

So, school has gotten a little overwhelming.  I needed a break, and got one today.  Today all my classes were cancelled due to the fact than most of the students left for a conference down in St. George and that made most of the classes ineffective, hence the cancelage!  So, instead of taking this much needed break from school to further my studying and research (for one of the funnest papers I've gotten to write since high school) I decided to take a break....and watch some much extremely missed Buffy!!!!  (My friend recently put the only two seasons I was missing, 4 and 5, onto my hard drive...so yeah, awesome!)

So yeah, I've been watching season 4, my absolute favorite season ever!!!  now granted, when it comes to the storyline for the season as a whole, it is sorely lacking in the coolness department (in fact, I don't think I'd be alone when I say it's the lamest of the seven).  But the standalone episodes?  Priceless!!!  They are my FAVORITE!!!!!  You have Living Conditions (the one where Buffy's first college roommate is a demon), Fear Itself (such a great Halloween episode), Beer Bad ("don't make cave-slayer angry"), Pangs (mentioned it in an earlier blog...it's the Thanksgiving one), Something Blue (Willow's will...Buffy and Spike engaged?  so funny!!!!!), Hush (Emmy nominated and one of Joss's top 10), This Year's Girl and Who are You (Faith comes back and then the body swap...great episodes!!!), Superstar ("Oh, Johnathan!"), and Restless (my all time FAVORITE season finale!!!). So yeah, nearly all my favorite episodes are in season 4!  It's been a blast!

I've also been re-reading a paper I wrote on the potential positive effects BtVS can have on teens...that's my pride and joy when it come to papers I've written...I feel like I did exceptionally well on that paper (even if I only got a C on it originally...even my teacher said it was most definitely an A paper...after I talked to him about it...he didn't completely understand the subject matter.)

So yeah, in a few minutes I have to get back to the real world without the vampires, demons, and forces of darkness, and the one girl in all the world to save us all from being dragged down to the mouth of...well, you know the story (and if you don't...watch the show!!! It's the BEST EVER!!!)

Happy Slayage (wish me monsters!)

~Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment